Listen to Joyful in Hope


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DNA



This beautiful creation has been hanging in our kitchen for many months.  It is my daughter's DNA example from her science class.  I loved it and even being her junior year, I have kept as many items as I can for her school box.  I know she thinks I am strange, but I love any creation she makes. 

This particular day, I was on day two of a migraine and could not imagine it would ever go away.  As I was in the kitchen, quietly looking for more medicine, I opened the cupboard and the DNA example crumbled and fell apart. My eyes watered as the sound of the licorice hitting the counter made my head pound harder and my body so desperately wanted to be back in bed, under the covers and the pillow over my head.

What I missed in this moment was my two daughters had cleaned up the house, started school on their own and had the medicine and water bottle on the counter for me.  I think they were waiting for me to ask for help, and they would come running to the rescue.  As I reflected back on this, it reminded me that this is what Jesus is waiting on me for..............to talk, to ask, to reflect, to share, to engage.  I do not have to do it on my own, nor does He want us to do it on our own.  He is always there........waiting, listening and anticipating!  The same as my daughters were doing, waiting to help me, I just had to ask!!




No comments: