Listen to Joyful in Hope


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shoes to fill....

I am really enjoying reading the book "Grace for the Good Girl" and have loved the conversations that are sparked.  As I was listening today to my heart and realizing that I may not be in the healthiest of places, I thought about the times that our youngest (Shelby) can hardly wait for her big brother to make an appearance.  Then, when he does, she soaks up all she can; basketball, scaring one another, begging to play a video game, asking him many questions and most of all she just wants to be around him.

The blessing is, he is 10 years older and really has his own commitments and life.  He has always made time for her and all she had to do was ask.  That is how it is with our Lord, he is waiting for us to come and talk with him. I have realized when I do that regularly, when I do it without thinking, when I make time for that relationship to grow and be nourished, I find my heart being at peace.  What a wonderful and warm feeling that is.  Just like the picture.......you know someone had a good day!

So when I come home and see this in our hallway, it reminds me of my shoes being next to the heavenly fathers shoes and we have spent time with one another.

No comments: