Listen to Joyful in Hope


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 - New Routines and Schedules.....


Let me say, homeschooling, in my opinion, is not for everyone.  I have been grilled on why I homeschool, why I work, why I even think doing both of them together will work.  Let me answer by saying:  I have the support of my husband and together we have prayed and asked for guidance from our Heavenly Father.  We do not take it lightly, and we do not feel we have all the answers either.

On this journey of trying to make it all work, I ended up taking four months off of my job so that I could focus on the girls.  I became so absorbed into ministry that we were getting behind in school and YET relationships were being strained  (if not damaged).  My priority is my God, my husband and my family.  There was no hesitation in my heart when I asked for time off and now 4 months later, it was one of the best decisions I have made.

Tomorrow I start back to work, we start a new routine for school today and by starting our day in prayer, letting the Lord direct and responding to what works for us as a family, will make us successful!!

The difference this time:  I have friends praying for us, friends stepping in and helping out and a schedule that has start and ending times with chunks of days off.  God is good!!

It is moments like this, that are important!





...and for 2012 we will be a happier and healthier family!!  (and two girls have rekindled their relationship)

No comments: